Frequently Asked Questions
- Who eats at the Community Table?
- Everyone is welcome at The Community Table, regardless of level of need, which is self-determined. We have a core group of guests that we see almost every serving day. Some folks we see occasionally or only once or twice. Our clients include elderly folks on fixed incomes, low-income individuals and families, people with physical and mental disabilities,
recovering addicts, the homeless, those having a hard time finding work, and folks who work long hours and need help sometimes getting a nutritious home-cooked meal.
We also have folks who enjoy coming to The Community Table for the companionship that can be found here. We all need help sometimes, please don't hesitate to ask.
- Where are you located?
- We are located on Central Street next to Sylva Pool and across from Poteet Park. From Hwy 74, take exit 83 at Sylva, from exit turn left onto Central Street by Presbyterian Church. The Table is the large brown building at the end of the parking area.
- Please note, our mailing address is: The Community Table, P.O. Box 62, Dillsboro, NC 28725
- Where does the food come from and who serves it?
- Most of our food comes from the generous contributions of our community. We also receive some from MANNA Food Bank and USDA, and occasionally we must purchase from local grocery stores or Sam's.
- With only two staff members, The Community Table relies on volunteers to help us prepare and serve meals to our neighbors in need. Please see our How to Help page for more info.
- What services does the Community Table provide?
- Nutritious meals are served on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4-6. We can also provide food boxes for home use, and we strive to put our clients in touch with other beneficial resources in the community. Our Food for Kids backpack program currently serves 83 children by providing food to take home on weekends during the school year. The need is far greater though; please ask how you can help. Call 828.586.6782 or email us at email@example.com for details.
- How is the Community Table funded?
- Over 95% of our funding comes from you, our neighbors. We've actually received relatively little in grants in the past. If you have questions about specifics, please contact us. Your support is needed now more than ever.
- What kinds of donations are needed?
- Click here to see our Wish List.